Friday, February 19, 2010

Back to KL

Just came back from a four days trip in Kluang, Johor. My hometown. My mum’s youngest sister’s marriage registration and a small dinner for family and friends. It was fun, gathering of family members, cousins and friends after so long.
But the amount of work was exhausting.. My legs still ache after the amount of running around I did. I don’t know how the older generation manage to do it, my mum and her sisters, all in their late forties and early fifties seemed fitter than me and my sister, Thilaga. They don’t complain of leg ache or seem as tired as we were. Maybe it was the way they were brought up. Or maybe they are used to hardwork, better than me and my sister.
After seeing the amount of work that involves in a simple marriage registration ceremony, I shudder to think of my sister’s engagement ceremony in June. She is already planning on the decorations, food, her accessories, sarees....sigh.
Well, I have more than three months to get back on my feet.

by Suganthi Suparmaniam

No comments:

Post a Comment